Monday, June 11, 2012

When It Hurts To Do Right...

June 10, 2012

You know, I have been in some tight situations in my past and to this day I thank God for bringing me through.  There have been so many times that I felt like throwing in the towel because of how I kept my end of the bargain, but the other party simply did not.  The truth is that what YOU put into the atmosphere is what YOU will yield.  It may not be at the time that you are doing it, but it always comes around.  You have no control over what others will or will not do.  Your part is under your control.  If you do as they do, then you can never expect different actions to return.  When you utilize the universe, you get what it has for you to come your way.  That does not mean without some disappointments, some pain and some let downs.  No matter what, you must finish the course.  The Bible says "Do unto others as you would HAVE them do unto you".  It does not say "Do unto others as they do unto you".  Establish your character and roll with it.  Wavering does not translate well.  Do what you say that you are going to do.  An example is when I had a person in my life who I considered a friend, do me a certain way.  She was a little less fortunate than I at the time but that did not matter to me.  She and her children did not have bedroom furniture and they had no kitchen table to have dinner as a family.  God laid it on my heart to give her everything she was lacking.  Right after I informed her of my intentions, as satan would have it, we fell out 2 days before my delivering the goods.  Now most of you know how we can be.  It is easier to walk away and say well I will just keep what is mine.  But when you have established with yourself exactly who you are you have an obligation to keep your word.  So I prayed for strength to keep going.  You never know why God has you do some things. She would not even come out of the room to help me with  placing things where she wanted them.  While we were moving from one room to another putting the furniture in, that is what she did.  She would move when we moved and never let me see her doing it.   The flesh in me is being tested beyond belief at this point,  but I pushed myself to keep going.  Upon completion, I stood outside the door and said good-bye only to find great disappointment in her response.  She did or said nothing.  I kissed her girls and left.  About 1 year later, I was trying to get a house that I wanted and had obstacles staring me in the face.  After going through just a little work, the bank handed me the keys to live in a house 3 times the size of the one I was living in for the same price that I was paying.  I attribute it to that event because that was an opportunity to do wrong because wrong was being done to me.  I decided to do right anyway.

So as you are tempted, keep in mind that your word is FOR you and TO God.  This is what matters most.  Push through fleshly urges and do right,  even when it hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment